Certain Globalschool.ai services are subject to additional or different terms.
- Information We Collect
When you use the Service, Globalschool.ai may collect the following personal information about you.
a. Account Registration
To register for a Globalschool.ai account, you may provide us with your age and email address. In some countries, you may also provide us with your phone number.
You may also register for a Globalschool.ai account using certain social logins, such as Google and Facebook. If you register for Globalschool.ai using a social login, Globalschool.ai may receive information about you from your social login provider, including your email address and contacts.
b. Profile Page & User-Generated Content
Your Profile will also include information about your learning progress, such as the languages you are learning, your learning statistics, and your achievements. Moreover, your Profile will show a list of your followers and other users you follow.
By default, your Profile is public, and visible to other Globalschool.ai users and anyone else on the Internet. In addition, your User-Generated Content may be publicly visible. If your Profile is public, third-party websites or web scrapers may be able to read, collect, and use your public information for their own purposes. However, you can set your Profile to private in your Settings.
Globalschool.ai may scan or review any User-Generated Content, or share your User-Generated Content with a third-party content moderation service provider, to ensure compliance. Globalschool.ai may restrict or delete User-Generated Content if it violates our Community Guidelines or for any other reason.
d. Speaking Challenges
Some lessons involve you speaking into the Globalschool.ai app. To recognize speech, your audio may be sent to a third-party provider such as OpenAI, Google, Apple, or Amazon Web Services. You may disable speaking challenges in your Settings or skip speaking challenges in your lesson.
Globalschool.ai may also collect and analyze your speech to help us understand the effectiveness of our lessons and to improve the product. You may choose not to share your audio with us for product improvement purposes in your Settings. Any audio you agree to send to Globalschool.ai is anonymized when it reaches our servers to ensure that no trace of your personal information remains attached to the audio.
e. Contact Sync Feature
Globalschool.ai has a Contact Sync feature, which allows you to find your contacts who also use Globalschool.ai. If you use Contact Sync, you will give the Globalschool.ai app permission to access the contacts stored on your phone for the purpose of identifying your contacts who also use Globalschool.ai. If Globalschool.ai identifies a user with the same phone number as someone in your contacts, we will recommend that user as someone you may wish to follow.
If you use the Contact Sync feature, Globalschool.ai will not store your contacts’ phone numbers, but only an encrypted “hash” of them. This hash is an alternative code to the actual phone number and can be used only to uniquely identify the number. The hashing process securely strips away the real phone number, so Globalschool.ai cannot use the hashes to identify your contacts’ real phone number, contact your contacts, or share their information with anyone else. This hashing process applies only to your contacts’ phone numbers and not yours.
If you have submitted your phone number to Globalschool.ai, whether through Contact Sync or some other way (such as adding the phone number to your profile, using it to register, or using it to activate other product features), other Globalschool.ai users who have your phone number in their contacts may be able to locate your Profile using Contact Sync.
f. Activity Data
When you use the Service, we may generate data about your use of the Service, which may include your browser and device data, log data, and IP address. We will also generate data regarding your engagement in educational activities on the Service.
When you access the Globalschool.ai website, we store certain data from your browser using cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to data about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. If you do not want your data to be collected by cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookie feature. However, cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features available on the website (e.g., customized information). You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them here.
Please note that our cookies include Targeting Cookies from Google, Facebook, Amazon, and other companies, which these companies may use to track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising to you.
i. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our site. These reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s browser add-on available here.
- How We Process Your Information
Globalschool.ai may process your personal information according to the following legal bases: to provide products or services you request, to promote Globalschool.ai’s legitimate interests, to comply with legal obligations, and with your consent. In particular, Globalschool.ai may process and share your personal information in the following ways:
a. Providing and improving the Service
Globalschool.ai will process your personal information to provide and improve the Service. For example, we will use the information you provide to maintain your Profile and learning progress, display your Profile to other users (unless you make it private), personalize learning content, detect and fix bugs, perform research, and provide customer service to you.
Globalschool.ai may share personal information with third parties that help us provide or improve the Service, including hosting providers, search engine providers, analytics providers, support providers, and payment processors. Globalschool.ai may also share your information with third-party vendors that support product features such as AI, speech recognition, and content moderation.
If you redeem a promotion code to gain a Globalschool.ai subscription, we may share data regarding your usage of Globalschool.ai with the organization that provided the promotion code to you.
b. Communicating with you
Globalschool.ai will use the email address or phone number you provide to send you the following types of messages:
- Essential messages to support the operation of the Service.
- Messages to support the Globalschool.ai teaching methodology and reinforce your learning, such as learning tips, reminders to practice, and progress reports.
- Notifications about friend requests and your friends’ progress on Globalschool.ai.
- Announcements regarding changes to the Service or products.
- Announcements of new Globalschool.ai products, services, offers, or research opportunities.
- You may opt-out of receiving non-essential messages in your Settings.
c. Complying with law and preventing harmful activities
Globalschool.ai may process and share personal information if necessary to comply with legal requests, such as subpoenas or court orders. Globalschool.ai may share personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to assist law enforcement, or to prevent imminent harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
d. Personalized advertising
Globalschool.ai may process and share your personal information for the purpose of providing you with personalized advertising. To provide personalized advertising, we work with a variety of third-party advertising networks, marketing analytics service providers, and website analysis firms, such as Google, Facebook, Oath, and Unity. These third-party advertising service providers collect and use personal information about your visits to and use of the Service, as well as other websites, in order to serve you with advertisements and content tailored to meet your preferences and likely interests, and better understand ad effectiveness. Aggregate demographic and interest data will also be used for market research purposes.
You can opt out of receiving personalized advertising in your Settings. You may also be able to opt out of receiving personalized ads from advertisers and ad networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who follow the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising using their respective opt-out tools hyperlinked above. In addition, your mobile devices may offer settings that let you make choices about the collection, use, and transfer of mobile app information for personalized ads (for example, Apple iOS’ Advertising ID and Google Android’s Advertising ID). Users in certain jurisdictions (including the European Union and United Kingdom) are opted out of personalized advertising by default, but may opt in.
Please note that opting out of personalized advertising does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you. Certain Globalschool.ai subscriptions may offer an ad-free experience.
e. Anonymous information
Globalschool.ai may process aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymous or anonymized information for any purpose. Such information is not considered personal information.
- Your Data Subject Rights
You also have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, in addition to any other rights required by applicable law:
- Know what personal information we have collected about you.
- Access a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Know what personal information about you we have shared with third parties.
- Opt out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties.
- Object to our processing of your personal information.
- Request that we limit our use of your sensitive personal information to what is necessary to perform the services you requested.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your data subject rights.
- Request that we delete any personal information we have collected from you.
- Request that we correct any inaccurate personal information about you.
- Export the personal information you have provided to Globalschool.ai in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party.
- Withdraw any consent you previously gave us to process your personal information.
- Delete your Globalschool.ai account by following the instructions in the Service.
- You may update or correct your information, and exercise certain opt-out rights, in your Settings page. You may request to access or erase your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and Globalschool.ai may refuse requests to exercise data subject rights if there is a legitimate reason, such as if we cannot authenticate your identity, if the request could violate the rights of a third party or applicable law, or if the request could interfere with a Globalschool.ai service or prevent us from delivering a service you requested.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. Here is a list of EEA Supervisory Authorities, and a link to the UK Supervisory Authority.
- Data Retention
Globalschool.ai will generally retain your personal information until your account is deleted. However, Globalschool.ai may retain certain information longer if necessary to provide our Service, defend our legitimate interests or those of third parties, comply with legal requirements, resolve or defend ourselves in disputes, investigate misuse or disruption of the Service, or perform agreements. We may also retain anonymous data indefinitely.
- Child Users
We know that children deserve extra privacy protection. That’s why we treat Child Users (meaning users under the age of 13 in the United States or another age of digital consent in their country) differently to ensure their parents are in control and we only collect the bare minimum information we need to make Globalschool.ai work.
Child Users are permitted to create a Globalschool.ai account, but we ask them to provide their parent’s email address instead of their own, and to register using a username that is not tied to their real name.
After a Child User registers, we will send an email to the parent’s email address about Globalschool.ai’s privacy practices regarding Child Users, including what personal information we collect and how we use, share, and protect that personal information. The email also explains how parents can request to access, change, or delete the personal information about their child.
All Child Users receive the following special treatment when using Globalschool.ai (“Age Restrictions”):
- Lessons are made age-appropriate by removing mature words like “beer” or “wine.”
- Advertisements are non-personalized and set to family-safe content.
- Child Users cannot submit their real name or any pictures to their Profile, but are represented only by a letter avatar.
- The Contact Sync feature is disabled.
- Promotional emails are disabled.
- Child Users’ speech data is not shared with Globalschool.ai for product improvement purposes.
- Child Users in certain jurisdictions (including the United States, European Union, United Kingdom, Norway, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, and Japan) are subject to these additional Age Restrictions:
- Child Users may not submit User-Generated Content to Globalschool.ai.
- Child Users may not provide Globalschool.ai with their real name, profile picture, location, contact information, or other personal information.
- Child Users’ Profiles contain no personal information that could be used to publicly identify or contact the child, but only the Child User’s username, a letter avatar, and information about their learning progress on Globalschool.ai.
- Child Users’ Profiles are visible only to themselves and other Globalschool.ai users in the same paid Globalschool.ai Family Plan, authorized teachers in the same Globalschool.ai Schools classroom, and other authorized family members.
- Child Users cannot search for or follow other users, and cannot be searched for or followed by other users.
- Child Users do not see friend suggestions, and cannot use the Contact Sync Feature, find friends on Facebook, or send invitation emails.
- Social follow buttons for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are disabled.
- Child Users will have access to leaderboards but will receive the following special treatment:
- The Child User’s username will be anonymized to all other users in the leaderboard. For example, the Child User could appear as “John Smith” instead of their real username to other users.
- Other leaderboard users will not be able to view the Child User’s Profile or add the Child User as a friend.
- Child Users will only see letter avatars instead of profile pictures in their leaderboard.
- Child Users will see sanitized usernames on their leaderboard; usernames that have profane or obscene words will be replaced with a fake username for Child Users.
- Leaderboards can be disabled under Settings in your child’s Profile at any time.
- Parents may remove their child’s Age Restrictions. Additionally, parents can report any abuse to us at email@example.com.
In addition, all users under the age of 16 receive the following special treatment:
- Advertisements are set to non-personalised.
- Third-party behavioral tracking is disabled.
- Third-party analytics is disabled.
- With regards to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Globalschool.ai collects personal information from children under the age of 13 for the sole purpose of performing internal operations of the Service. If we discover that we have unknowingly collected additional personal information from these children, we will delete it. If you believe this to be the case, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Not Track
The Service is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals sent by some browsers.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Data Transfer
Globalschool.ai is based in the India and processes data in the India, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. Globalschool.ai may transfer the data of users outside the India.
- Supplemental Terms in Certain Jurisdictions
- Contact Us
For any other questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com